Monday 8 June 2015

30 Days Wild #Day 8

Today's wild efforts were considerably less engaged than previously. Day 7 started with an empty Swallow nest and finished with soaring Buzzards

No pictures today as I have spent the majority behind the wheel of a car. Early on I had to check that a nest wasn't active and identify the species. What I found was a dry, old and obviously successful Swallow nest from last year. Plenty of House Martins were about but not a lot else.

I drove through the lakes this afternoon specifically around Bassenthwaite and I had a detour around Dodd Wood on the East side. As I got round to the West Lakes there were loads of Buzzards soaring and generally being bothered by crows. Currently I am sat in a beer garden contemplating the education day I'm doing tomorrow...

No comments:

How birds and brains become mutually exclusive

Record, share and compare with BUBO Listing at www.bubo.org