Monday 12 December 2011

Walk in the Rain


Not my photo but wholly representative of my surveys on the middle humber yesterday although it is missing the rain that sporadically drenched me. Not a huge amount to report with some nice close Bar-tailed Godwits and a good flock of Lapwing in 10km of walking. Did find some awesome habitat on the south bank though which I imagine is where the Arctic Redpolls have been supressed in the past. It was heaving with finches and thrushes with tonnes of alders and pools. Seemingly all in the possesion of various fishing clubs but worth a look. Hopefully gonna catch up with a goose or 2 this afternoon when I will come in with a more interesting report.

No comments:

How birds and brains become mutually exclusive

Record, share and compare with BUBO Listing at www.bubo.org