Monday 28 November 2011

Just Deserts

I had to hold on for this bird until this morning and as it wasnt a Yorks tick I had no leverage to get away earlier so the gripping photos were turning me green. I got to Bempton around 11am and the bird was refound within half an hour. It showed very well and I managed some record shots in the chilling cold but the poor light stopped the pics from being gems. Anyway  - here are my efforts of the Bempton Desert Wheatear










A stooping Peregrine was nice although Im not sure the pigeons thought much to it. A surprise was a Weasel hunting the crop edges and bundling along the path. Too quick for my camera sadly.

Recently I have dipped Waxwings at Carnaby and on Friday I managed to see 48 European White-fronted Geese at Tophill Low which was pretty cool. Daughter was in tow so no shots of them sadly either.

No comments:

How birds and brains become mutually exclusive

Record, share and compare with BUBO Listing at www.bubo.org