Friday 29 April 2011

Hes East

Ollie gave me a guided tour of Heslington East today in a mutual bid to avoid the royal nuptuals. It looks a cracking site and I guess its only a matter of time until it turns up a BBRC rare. Today a Wood Sandpiper was the highlight which was unfortunately too distant for digiblasting. A few LRP's and an uber-distant Buzzard were the rest of the fare.

I also managed to do my remaining early spring visit for my atlas tetrads - Holgate to the Knavesmire. Highlights were few and far between with a handful of Chiffchaffs and Blackcaps. Encouragingly 60 odd House Sparrows were recorded although not a single Sparrowhawk ;-).

The drive back after a Royal Wedding party provided a Badger stalking across the road at Garrowby hill. This was no great surprise as I have had a sighting in the same place before and roadkill here is unfortunatly not unusual.

Lastly here are the promised photos of the passerine migrants from my last survey - female Blackcap and Grasshopper Warbler.



No comments:

How birds and brains become mutually exclusive

Record, share and compare with BUBO Listing at www.bubo.org