Wednesday 23 March 2011

Dishcloth

Today was as dull as the proverbial dishcloth. I spent the majority doing a disturbance survey in Lincolnshire, totally 20 birds and only 1 instance of disturbance in 8 hours. Despite this, it was a pleasant day, with a warm sun and plenty of singing passerines. Both Reed Bunting and Yellowhammer took turns to use a song post, whilst Meadow Pipits and Skylarks song flighted. Allied with the resident mipits there was a decent pulse of migrants mid-morning, joined by a few Pied Wagtails and a single Grey Wagtail.

On my way to work this morning I had a nice Fox silhouetted against the rising sun on top of a hillock before a Barn Owl displaced it. Still no migrants - not a hirundine over the river nor a chiffer in the trees. Gah! Tomorrow I'm at Patrington Haven & Welwick saltmarsh so I may get some decent stuff. I may not though...

P.s. I thought I was weird as a birder but you should see the ship watchers.

No comments:

How birds and brains become mutually exclusive

Record, share and compare with BUBO Listing at www.bubo.org