Saturday 1 January 2011

New Year, New Camera

I didnt manage to get out today recording 20 or so species incidently. The village pond seems to have lost its Pochard, 3 of which were present yesterday including a 1cy male. I finally got hold of my new camera, which is my first foray into DSLR-dom. I have a Nikon D200 with a Sigma 170-500mm. This is all baby steps so I hope you bare with me. Been a bit ropey light wise so I have mostly been reading the manual and trying to get my head round F-stops, ISO and aperture size.

Black-headed Gull - Nafferton Mere
Yesterday I headed up to the mere to try the stuff out and I was rubbish frankly but here is my first effort at a Black-headed Gull.

No comments:

How birds and brains become mutually exclusive

Record, share and compare with BUBO Listing at www.bubo.org