Sunday 28 March 2010

Ring ting


Yesterday I went ringing at Tophill Low with my trainer. We had 17 birds over 4 net rounds. Between 7 & 8.30 it was quite busy with best catches a male Goldcrest(belated year tick), a pair of Bullfinch and five Long-tailed Tits. The reserve was fairly quiet with best other birds being a single Brambling under the feeder & Chiffchaffs a plenty. The Chiffers were a year tick as whilst I heard several the other day including in my garden I didnt manage to clap eyes on them.


Other good birds recently included Willow Tit still at my parents and displaying Buzzards over a couple of copses on the northern wolds including an uber pale bird which got me a bit excited. In the garden I had a new record count of 3(three) Woodpigeons. Yay.


Random picture of the quayside at Port Ellen included.


p.s. Going for Lesser Kezza, Pallid Swift, Alpine Swift, Two-barred Crosser combo tomorrow. Wooo.

No comments:

How birds and brains become mutually exclusive

Record, share and compare with BUBO Listing at www.bubo.org