Monday 31 August 2009

Seawatching

I spent a couple of hours seawatching from Flamborough Head this morning. It was pretty unrewarding with only 1 Bonxie, 3 Manxies, 3 Arctics, 5 Sandwich Terns and 4 Common Terns plus single Curlew and Common Scoter. I gave up just before midday and gave old fall a hit. 5 Wheatear, 2 Willow Warbler and a melanistic Swallow were the return. A large group of gulls failed to produce anything of note.

Back in the village this evening I was surprised to see a Swift going to roost in one of the roofs with a further 2 circling above - I keep setting new personal latest Swift records.

2 comments:

Bryan Rains said...

Oh man. It's a good life you lead but when the rugrat hits the rug you won't find the time to record the sightings(you'll probably see them thouhg). Good luck to you and your dearest and I wish you the best.

James said...

Lifes good but im increasingly worried I may never sleep again. Infact that thought is ruining my remaining undisturbed nights. Cheers for the thoughts (and found out we are probably headed your way in the spring with attendent rugrat).

How birds and brains become mutually exclusive

Record, share and compare with BUBO Listing at www.bubo.org